Hyperstone, a fabless semiconductor and microprocessor design company, was founded in 1990 and is based in Konstanz, Germany. Hyperstone’s products include microcontrollers for Serial ATA (SATA) and Parallel ATA (PATA) Solid-State Disks (SSDs), Disk-on-Module (DoM), Disk-on-Board (DoB), embedded Flash solutions such as eMMC, and Flash cards such as CF, SD and MicroSD. USB controllers complete the portfolio. Flash controller firmware is supplied with the controllers and is customized for each Flash application.
Together with subsidiaries in Taiwan and the USA, and with other worldwide partners, Hyperstone serves a global customer base. The company’s research and development is based in Germany and Taiwan. Industry-leading partners provide world-class wafer-subcontracting, packaging and testing services. A pioneer in the Flash memory controller business, Hyperstone has a strong portfolio of patents including wear-leveling algorithms and microprocessor design.
Hyperstone GmbH is part of the CML Microsystems Plc group of companies that design and market semiconductors for global communication and storage markets. CML Microsystems Plc is listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (LON: CML).
- U8 - USB 2.0 Flash Memory Controller
- U9 - USB 3.1 Flash Memory Controller
SD / eMMC
- S6 - SecureDigital (SD) and MultiMediaCard (MMC) Flash Memory Controller
- S8 - SecureDigital (SD) and embedded MultiMediaCard (eMMC) Flash Memory Controller
CF / PATA
- A1 - Industrial CompactFlash, CF card and PATA Solid State Disk (SSD) controller
- F9 - Industrial CompactFlash, CF card and PATA Solid State Disk (SSD) controller
- A2 - Solid State Disk (SSD) and SATA II Flash Memory Controller
- Application Programming Interface software kit